Pro-lifers Show Up In Strong Numbers To Defend Women’s Health Care

By

February 28, 2013

Click here to fight back and learn how to attend the March 7th and March 12th Board of Health meetings with us.

When reports came back to me that showed abortion centers were filthy and incapable to deal with women who had emergencies, I wasn’t surprised.

Inspectors found blood on tables, unsterilized equipment, old medicine and staff who were unable to identify equipment on the emergency crash cart!

Many rooms didn’t even have doorways that were big enough to allow stretchers to go through them.

Vulnerable women who had abortions and had complications were victimized once again by the abortion industry and were left alone to suffer. This isn’t a problem just in Virginia. Just the other day, a woman died after having an abortion who could have been saved if the right equipment were made available and a staff had cared for her well-being.

The Family Foundation knew we had to step in and clean-up these centers through government regulation because we cannot depend on the abortion industry to clean-up itself.

But when we began regulations to protect women, the abortion industry fought us with everything they’ve got and I think you’ll want to see what happened with the video evidence that we have.

After you watch the video, please give me your thoughts!

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • StumbleUpon
  • del.icio.us
  • LinkedIn
  • Google Bookmarks
  • Tumblr

29 Responses to “Pro-lifers Show Up In Strong Numbers To Defend Women’s Health Care”

1. […] Pro-lifers Show Up In Strong Numbers To Defend Women’s Health Care […]

2. Darlene Hopkins says:

Dear Victoria,

I thought this video was right on. Having attended the Board of Health meeting in October 2012 and experiencing the “other side”, this video describes them perfectly. I was appalled at some of the signs they used, but also, while in line to enter the building, we were witness to some of their conversations.

Unfortunatley, unless one witnesses something like this, one would never believe how evil the Pro-Abortion movement is. I hope this video is seen by as many people as possible and I pray they will hear the call to defend those who are defenseless and unable to defend themselves.

Thank you, Victoria, for couragiously standing up for those defenseless babies in the womb. May God bless your work with The Family Foundation.

3. Heather McGraw says:

Dear Victoria,

I fully support the mission and the in-the-trenches work that the Family Foundation is doing. I want to help if I can.

I also want you to know that I think you, Victoria, are a wonderful woman and an inspiring role-model. You are brilliant and articulate, but you also seem down-to-earth and approachable. I greatly admire your grace and patient strength. So thank you for putting yourself out there, leading and fighting this difficult battle in a way that other young women such as myself can aspire to emulate.

Sincerely,
    Heather McGraw

4. Lewis Sheckler says:

I respectfully suggest you not call liberals “progressives.” They are trying to change their label now because “liberal” has become a negative term. “Progressive” sounds good and creates the impression that the two terms refer to two different ideologies. It’s misleading. Let’s continue to call them “liberals.”

5. Jack Lee says:

You’re simply witnessing a manifestation of the severely cracked foundations of the Education system compliments of the Gov’t run schools, Business oriented Church entertainment centers compliments of the Tax-exempt status, and the break down of the Traditional family compliments of your big brother style socialist government.

The Founders warned of all this madness………….

‘That government is best which governs least.’” Jefferson

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.” John Adams

“He who votes does NOT have the power. He who counts the votes has ALL the power” STALIN

“It can not be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation of ours was founded, not by religionist, but by Christians … not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ.”
    –Patrick Henry.

“It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains.” Patrick Henry

“The Bible is worth all other books which have ever been printed.” Patrick Henry

“I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” Thomas Jefferson

“…………Take the Bible out of our schools and there would be an explosion in crime.” Benjamin Franklin

“It is impossible to rightly govern the world without God and the Bible.” George Washington

“God grants liberty only to those who love it, and are always ready to guard and defend it.” Daniel Webster

“Education is useless without the Bible.” Noah Webster

“If a republican government fails to secure public prosperity and happiness, it must be because the citizens elect bad men to make and administer the laws.” Noah Webster

“To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society”
    ~Theodore Roosevelt

“Pastors in particular and Christians in general were so influential in our move for independence.”
    ~ John Adams

6. Earl Bennett says:

Bravo!I counsel men at the Pregnancy Center in Culpeper, so Richmond is not local for me. I commend all who have made the effort to bring our values and righteousness forward.
    Regards, ecb3

7. Dick Dingman says:

I’m glad that my meager dollars can help provide ammunition to wages these battles.

8. Barbara morse says:

Keep up the good work, Victoria! GOD is still working wonders and He is using you.

9. Moni Henderson says:

Thank you for another outstanding job!

10. I watched your video and was struck by the abortion advocates loud and aggressive attitude. This is a reflection of the television culture where being loud and insistent trumps being right. It is the attitude of headstrong children. We as a nation must be equally insistent that what is right matters. This is a hard task as the television culture routinely ridicules any notion of right and wrong. This makes it important that we attend meetings and hearings on these subjects with large contingents to show that right and wrong is not dead.

11. We must be consistent in our support. Pro-lifers must be willing to sacrifice as necessary to participate in pro-life events to make sure our voices are heard. We don’t want to be loud, angry & vulgar but we do need to show up – case in point – the upcoming BOH public comment session on abortion clinic regulations on March 7 in Richmond.

12. Tom McFadden says:

I think the Family Foundation of Virginia is wonderful. I appreciate your email messages on matters and I normally respond as you suggest. I’m sending you a check for all of your good work.

13. Pastor MichaEl Hirsch says:

I commend the family Foundation of Virginia for keeping this issue front and center. Standing in line that day for life, and being in that room when the victory was delivered was another breakthrough moment.

For what will not be the last time we saw more Pro Life supporters and the tide has changed in Virginia. May this sweep across our nation as Christians, Conservatives and people of faith arise for the absolute value of life created by God in his miage at conception!

Godbless you, Family Foundation of Virginia, in your continuing vigilance!

14. Martin says:

I don’t have a thumbs up key on my keyboard or I’d use it now.

15. Ed Burke says:

Dear Victoria:

You are absolutely right in everything you say, except for one word: “Progressives.” Once again, we have let the left steal a nice word and use it to describe their bad behavior and have not only let them get away with it, we have agreed with them by using it to describe them Reality check: The last time I checked, there was nothing “progressive” about infanticide. Please avoid using this once-nice word to describe this regressive group.

However, to my major point: After over 40 years of being involved in all of this, I must say that what so many of these women on the “pro-choice” side are acting out is a dance of self-justification. They believed all the “Our Bodies, Our Selves” propaganda, saw abortion as their “right,” their way to overcome the “inconvenience” and “oppression” of pregnancy and motherhood, tied it in to their “liberation” from stereotypes, inability to become millionaires on their own, etc., and went and killed their child(ren) based on this. But, wait a minute, aren’t they are “nice people?” Don’t they support “social programs” for the poor? Haven’t they walked in the Komen Race for the Cure?” They couldn’t possibly be wrong! “Murder? A baby? Never. “It was just some cells, “reproductive material,” not anything real. You heartless Christians aren’t going to hang this one on me, or my “sisters.” And so it goes on…

By this awful point, there are at least 40 million American women out there who have had an abortion (54 million abortions, with allowance for some who have had multiple abortions). They don’t want to feel guilty and they get very upset if you even suggest they were wrong. And they have sisters…and mothers…and friends…and daughters…and complicit partners/husbands…who have brothers…and fathers…and friends…and sons. With all of this for fuel for the machinery of self-justification, it is a wonder that we in the pro-life movement have gotten anywhere! Do you think, just maybe, that God might be helping us?

16. Louis Preysz III says:

As a professor, I profess life from conception until natural death. God created life from conception until natural death. God owns my body and He will do with it what He may. My wife feels the same way about her body. It is against all moral and ethical principles to take the innocent of the innocents life, the baby in the womb. Yes, I pray for abortions (murder) to cease. Abortion is a great scourge upon our nation! God will not be mocked!

17. Ira Bruce Stark says:

Just stand firm and keep up your good we are with you.!

God bless and regards, Mr ad Mrs Ira Bruce Stark

18. Peter Greenwald says:

Well done! I hope that I can help you take the message to churches in the Richmond area during Sunday schools and/or during evening services on Sunday or Wednesday nights. Following the “Pastor’s Day at the Capitol” I can continue to pray for my Delegate and am glad I could visit with him and pray with him that day. They do need our support in this spiritual battle in the political realm.

19. Connie Simmons says:

Excellent video! Thank you for all of your efforts on behalf of these precious unborn babies.

20. Dick Gallagher says:

Victoria:

GOD BLESS YOU as you oppose Satan.
    You war against evil.
    To know your enemy, Google Humanist Manifesto.

21. David Jackson says:

As someone who opposes abortion, I must say that I find your post very disingenuous, Victoria.

When, exactly, did all of these women who had or were considering abortions come to Family Foundation and ask you to protect them? Never, that’s when. Nobody has ever seen Family Foundation as a health facility safety watchdog. Family Foundation only “knew we had to step in” because of the potential to close down some abortion providers.

I actually think it’s a positive side effect that abortion centers will become safer because of this legislation, and I support any regulations that improve medical safety. But the intent of this legislation and your support of it have never been about safer abortion, only about making it illegal. Most of your support for this legislation is because its potential to close abortion centers, not improve them. Everyone knows this already.

Your posturing on this issue is quite dishonest. You can’t do God’s work through deception. You should have posted that the reason your support this legislation is because it’s a step toward eliminating abortion in the Commonwealth, not toward making it safer. Why do you not have the courage to say so?

22. Victoria Cobb says:

To David Jackson-
    I appreciate your concern but am always honestly baffled by the assumption in your response as I have heard out opponents claim the same thing. Why must one who is prolife care ONLY about the baby and not the woman? No one in the prolife movement would shed a tear if an abortion clinic closed for any reason but to think we should be ok with harming two lives, rather than just one is a strange proposition to me. I assume you, like I, know far too many women who made a choice I wouldn’t but we’re thankful they weren’t also harmed. Maybe you know some, like I do, that have been harmed by their abortion. Seems prolife to stand for all.

23. Philomena Dunkl says:

Thank you for all your pro-life work and also for your action alerts during the legislative session.

24. David Jackson says:

I appreciate your response, Victoria.

AUL, who wrote model language for the legislation Family Foundation supports, explicitly states that these clinic regulations are primarily designed as a step to closing abortion centers.

I am a purist when it comes to regulation. This regulation does many good things to promote safety, but it does at least two things that make it unsupportable as a legitimate safety regulation. First, it treats surgical and non surgical procedures the same, which does not have a rational basis. Second, it implements requirements that are unrelated to safety but do create economic hardship (parking requirements, etc.). Therefore I can only conclude that its purpose is primarily to close access, and its secondary benefit is health related.

I think you know this to be the case. I am always glad to see an abortion center close, but I am never glad to see any regulation, or piece of one, that has no rational basis. As an organization generally committed to limited regulation, I am baffled at why this distinction is not obvious to you.

25. W.S. Wright says:

God Bless every single one of you at The Family Foundation! Keep up the good work and I’m looking forward to seeing you next Thursday (which will be my first time in assisting in this effort).

26. […] laws and laws that protect women by protesting and taking over policy-makers”meetings. You saw them in the video I posted yesterday. It shows pro-abortionists carrying signs, chanting and screaming vulgarities at policy-makers, and […]

27. Van Stephenson says:

The government taxes me and then pays for an abortion with that money. I believe pregnacys are caused by two people that are responsible for that condition. Why does anyone think that I should pay for their “lustful – but- regrettable” MISTAKE, MISTAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ?

28. PGS says:

Thank you for posting this video. Two thoughts:

1) One major thing that struck me was the idea that any person of religion is not allowed to participate in the public square. I feel that this is due to the death of an overarching belief in the existence of a god in our society and I think that the only way to win back society is one person at a time. However, this will be challenging as most American Christians have given into the belief that their faith is something personal and private and so does not affect their interactions with the broader society beyond that Christian trying to be “a good person”. Its much more than that. God is called the Lion of the Tribe of Judah for a reason, not to say we must be violent by any means, but we must know what we believe and stand firmly for the things close to the heart of God.

2) Are the dates for these Board of health meetings posted somewhere like a month in advance? I would go to the meetings but I need to ask off of work 4 weeks in advance. :\

29. L Rubio says:

If you really stood for all women then you would understand that making abortion and women’s reproductive access inaccessible only harms women. The Family Foundation does not VALUE all women and families. If the foundation supported ALL women, why are there 144,000 uninsured children in VA? Why is medicaid not available for pregnant women? Why is pre-natal care not available to women who live at the poverty level? Why is VA the 43rd lowest in the USA for eligibility levels?
    The Family Foundation DOES NOT care about ALL women and children. The Family Foundation’s CRUSADE to end abortion is PREVENTING access to birth control, pap smears and annual wellness exams that women who don’t have access to health insurance depend on. Your organization continues to put these women LAST.